We know that Victorian communities and businesses are already taking part in the global transition to a circular economy, and we would like to hear about it.
Please share your story about any initiative in
Victoria that reduces the environmental impacts of production and consumption
and gains more productive use from natural resources. For example, your
- reduce environmental harm
- improve the productive use of materials
- drive jobs and economic growth and promote new kinds of economic activity.
Your story will help us understand what Victorians are already doing to contribute to a circular economy and the benefits for Victoria. Share your story with others to demonstrate to other Victorian communities, councils and businesses what’s possible.
There are two ways for you to tell us your story*:
1. Press the "Post your story" button below and fill in the form by answering the questions. Upload a picture if you have it!
2. Select the "Add marker" button on the map below and pin point the location of your initiative.
If you've already posted your story add the marker with the same title (in the comment box) to help us identify your story.
*You need to set up an Engage Victoria account to use this tool. That way
we can keep in touch and give you kudos.
To support your experience, this page will be moderated. Stories that are offensive, abusive, or are not a story about your contributions to a circular economy will be removed. More information on the moderation policy can be found at https://engage.vic.gov.au/moderation.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws.
The personal information you provide will be used to administer the public consultation process only. Your contact details may be used by DELWP to contact you about the results of the consultation process, and to discuss the details of your submission further.
Use of your submission
Your submission has been collected by DELWP for the purpose of informing the government's circular economy policy and action plan. DELWP may do the following with your submission.
- Publish a copy of your submission on the DELWP website or other Victorian Government website.
- Quote directly from your feedback in the draft policy, final policy and action plan, DELWP's response to feedback and subsequent regulatory impact assessment.
- Make your information available to other Victorian Government agencies for the purpose of developing policies and programs.
For transparency and accountability, the contents of your submission may be published on a Victorian Government website which is accessible worldwide. Any person may view your comments. Your comments may remain on external servers, even once your comments are removed from the original website it was published on.
All submissions are public documents and may be accessed by any member of the public unless you request, and your comments are given, confidential status.
If you are making comment as an organisation, then your comments may be published, including the name of your organisation. If you are making comments as an individual, then your comments may be published, including your postcode but with no other details.
If you wish to keep your address/contact details private you should refrain from including any information in your comments that could identify your address/contact details.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Requests for access should be sent to FOI Unit, P.O. Box 500 East Melbourne 3002 or contact by phone on 03 9637 8697.