The Minister for Planning has referred the draft Central Geelong Framework Plan (draft Framework Plan) and draft amendment to the Greater Geelong Planning Scheme to the independent Central Geelong Framework Plan Advisory Committee (the Committee). The Committee has been appointed to review the draft Framework Plan and proposed planning controls and prepare advice for the Minister for Planning on their strategic basis and merits, and possible improvements.
As part of its process, the Committee will collect submissions to assist it in preparing a final report with recommendations for the Minister for Planning and will conduct a public hearing where submitters may request to be heard. This page provides information about the Committee process and how to have your say.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has prepared the draft Framework Plan and proposed planning controls to provide a refresh of the planning framework for Central Geelong and guide future land use and development in the city centre for the next 30 years.
You can view the draft Framework Plan, draft planning scheme amendment documents and all other supporting information under the Exhibited Documents Library on this page.
Further information about the draft Framework Plan and planning scheme amendment is available on the Revitalising Central Geelong website. DELWP has also prepared the following videos to provide more information about the draft Framework Plan and the proposed planning controls:
Exhibited Documents Library
Draft Framework Plan and Supporting Documents
Have your say
Submissions will be invited from Tuesday, 25 May to Wednesday, 7 July 2021 and can be made by completing the form below. If you wish to be heard at the hearing, you must make a submission during the exhibition period and select the option that you wish to be heard. The Committee will consider all written submissions, regardless of whether you request to be heard at the hearing.
To make a submission, you must read the Privacy Collection Statement below.
This Privacy Collection Statement relates to all submissions collected in relation to the Central Geelong Framework Plan Advisory Committee (the Committee). Planning Panels Victoria (PPV) is providing administrative services to the Committee.
Use of your submission
Your submission has been collected by the Committee for the purpose of helping to develop its advice to the Minister for Planning in accordance with the Terms of Reference.
Natural justice to participants and transparency are important parts of the Committee process. In meeting its legislative requirements and complying with the Terms of Reference, the Committee may do the following with your submission:
- Publish a copy of your submission, in its entirety, on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, Engage Victoria website or other Victorian Government website as required
- Provide a copy of your submission to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, City of Greater Geelong Council, government agencies and other parties to the process
- Provide a copy of your personal contact details to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning if needed for notification of Ministerial decisions.
- Display a copy of your submission in the PPV Office
- Display a copy of your submission at the City of Greater Geelong Council offices, the local library or government offices as appropriate
- If a face to face hearing is to be held, provide a copy of your submission in the hearing room.
Publication of your personal information on the Internet
A Committee Report will be published on the internet and may include:
- The name of the submitter
- Direct quotes from some of the submission
- The submitter’s name and address as required.
Please note that even when your personal information is removed from the internet, it may remain on external servers indefinitely.
Hearing of submissions
The Committee will conduct its proceedings through a Hearing.
The Hearing may be held face to face, via telephone conference or via video conference or a combination of these.You should be aware the Committee may:
- broadcast submissions and proceedings live on the internet
- record submissions and proceedings
- make the recording available on request to submitters and parties to the hearing of submissions and third parties
- publish the recording on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, Engage Victoria website or other Victorian Government website
- use your phone contact details to contact you during a telephone/video hearing of submissions as is necessary.
The Committee will direct that parties do not record online hearing of submissions or use them for any other purpose.However, the Committee is unable to guarantee that third parties will not be recording online hearing of submissions, and the use of any such recordings outside the hearing of submissions context cannot be regulated by the Committee.
All participants are reminded that during the Committee process, the privacy of others should be respected and to refrain from the defamation of others.
After the Advisory Committee has reported
PPV will generally remove your submission from the web pages that it controls within six months after the Committee has reported to the Minister for Planning. PPV may extend this period on request of a submitter or party to the Committee process.
PPV cannot guarantee that your submission and other Hearing documents and recordings will be removed from external web pages outside its control. PPV does not provide any explicit or implied consent in this Statement for third parties to display on their or other websites or reproduce for public display, submissions, documents and recordings and other information collected in accordance with this notice.
Your original submission and any additional material provided to the Committee will be held in electronic and/or physical form at PPV and retained in accordance with Government standards for archiving. All additional copies of the submission and other material held by PPV will be securely destroyed.
If you have any concerns in respect to the way your personal information or submission will be used please contact Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 5114.