Sustainable water strategies are key elements for planning Victoria's water resources to secure supplies for cities, towns, industry and the environment. A sustainable water strategy for the Central Region was completed in 2006. The Water Act 1989 requires each sustainable water strategy to be reviewed at least every 10 years.
The review commenced in 2016 and will be completed after reviewing public consultation submissions as part of the review process.
A draft review report is available for public consultation. The review of the Central Region Sustainable Water Strategy will not make new policy. The draft review report:
- discusses the actions in the 2006 Central Region Sustainable Water Strategy, and whether completed or not in 2018
- details lessons learned and the legacy of the original Central Region Sustainable Water Strategy
- outlines considerations for a new strategy or strategies incorporating the Central Region to continue securing Victoria's water into the future
Read the draft review report
Give feedback on the draft review report
A submission can be made by
- filling in the submission form below
- mailing your submission by post to Sustainable Water Strategies, Level 12, 8 Nicholson Street, East Melbourne, 3002
- emailing your submission to SWS.Team@delwp.vic.gov.au.
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below: