Thank you for taking part in the consultation for the proposed centre for bushfire education, science and reflection.
The consultation process has closed and a summary report will be posted here in early 2020.
Wishing you all the best for a safe and happy holiday season.
In 2018, the Bushfire Advisory Group – made up of local community members and chaired by Hon John Brumby AO – recommended the creation of a program or space that would provide bushfire education and raise awareness of the recent and historical bushfires that have impacted Victoria.
This online consultation seeks community views on topics such as the need for a bushfire centre, the best way to realise the concept, possible locations if a permanent site were to be established and what visitors would expect to see and learn during a visit.
Follow the progress of this consultation by clicking on the 'Follow' button under the heading.
Thank you for your feedback on this consultation.
- How was the project to explore the proposal of a bushfire centre initiated – and why now?
- Why is Creative Victoria is leading the project?
- Are other organisations involved?
- How will my contribution to this consultation be used?
- How long will the consultation be held for?
- If a centre is established, where will it be located?
- Why is it only bushfires when there are other disasters?
- How will this project be funded?
- How much will this centre cost?
- Will it cost money to visit?
- Is this the only opportunity I will have to be consulted on this project?
- What happens after the consultation closes?
- Have similar projects been undertaken in Australia or elsewhere?
- How can I follow the progress of this consultation?