HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION IN ALPHINGTON
The Alphington Community is growing. We need to create a bigger Alphington Primary school.
We have identified two potential options for a new senior primary campus:
- Building a new campus on the former AMCOR site on Heidelberg Road, or
- Expanding the current Yarralea Street campus.
We are now looking to consult with the school community and local groups to understand the changing culture of Alphington and the area’s ongoing education needs.
DROP IN SESSION:
Drop-in to our information session for a chat about the current options.
When: Thursday, 11 October
Where: Latrobe Golf Club, Farm Road, Alphington
Time: 3pm – 7pm
Children of all ages are welcome to accompany parents/carers.
3. We are considering a number of options for a new senior primary campus. We want your feedback on what option will work best for students, parents and the community.
OPTION 1: Upgrading the current Alphington Primary School campus
This would mean modernising and upgrading Alphington Primary School’s existing facilities.
This might include:
- Building new facilities
- Upgrading current facilities
- Installing additional portable buildings on site.
Proceeding with this option indicates the community believes upgrades at the current Alphington Primary School campus will sufficiently address the school’s growing demand for enrolment spaces.
OPTION 2: A new senior primary campus
DET along with VSBA would work with developers on the AMCOR site to build a senior primary campus that would house grade 5’s and 6’s, to support up to 300 students.
Proceeding with this option indicates the community believes a new building offsite is required to address current challenges.